Friday, September 7, 2012

pretty nails

Since taking my first graphic design classes, I have payed more attention to the design of things, especially ones that are particularly simple, and at first glance, can seem pretty straight forward visually and not much thought had been put into the piece at all.  I have learned already that the slightest change in font and even spacing will always impact the composition of something, no matter how subtle.

This sign for the store called "Pretty Nails" I spotted at the Lincoln Square Mall is a good example of what I am talking about.  The two color schemed sign makes your attention instantly go to the font rather than the colors, since both words are the same basic color.  The word "pretty" has font that seems more humanistic and feminine to perhaps appeal more to females.  While "nails'' nice has a bold, basic font which complements the "pretty" and instantly lets the viewer know what the store is about.  This simple yet thoughtful design of a store sign is quite successful in my opinion, and it is also a style I am beginning to like.


No comments:

Post a Comment